Monday, September 3, 2012

Why The Hunger Games Is The Greatest Movie Ever Made, I. Music

(Coinciding by no mistake with The Childhood Obesity Awareness Month.)

I. Music

James Newton Howard? Sure: a little John Williams, some Thomas Newman to fill in the dead spots, musique concrete = musique congreat!
There's no such thing as musical theft. It's called borrowing. Or stealing.
T Bone Burnett  can do no wrong. Just the mention of mandolins makes me sob uncontrollably.
But rewind the tape back to the "Countdown" scene. Now unless I've stopped taking my anti-inflammatory meds, that's Steve Reich, and it's "Music For 18 Musicians". I haven't checked IMDB, but I'm certain it is.
Steve Reich at the movies. Have you ever seen the like?

Music, a reason The Hunger Games is the greatest movie ever made.

5 comments:

David Marlow said...

"You don't call retarded people retards. That would be in bad taste. You call your friends retards when they're acting retarded."
-Michael Scott

Keifus said...

Oh man, I'm going to have to watch the book now, or read the movie, or something.

David Marlow said...

In an odd twist if irony, reading the book will ruin the movie. DO NOT REFUDIATE ME!

rundeep said...

Bronx will divorce Andy within 1 year of his retirement, I predict. Soon as she can find a more current sugar daddy. WRT FB -- yep. This is why I don't have my city, state, husband's name or kid's name easily available there. Or work. If I know you, I want to know you. Otherwise, piss off.

David Marlow said...

Bah, cynic! I had not heard of The Well until Saturday's On The Media. It sounds like what The Fray used to be like. I think Tia still posts there. But I could never get past the Salon effete dorks.

Paul Ryan is a whining twerp.