My brother, Jess, has it in his head that I need to build a log cabin. There's an awesome log cabin kit manufacturer over near Millersberg/burg, which means the manufacturer is Amish. Really well-made stuff.
I don't know that I want a log cabin, at least not in this context/execution. He and Jane, his wife, are stopping by tomorrow, so I'm jotting down some notes. Jane will understand, because she always does, mostly.
1. Just because it's not what you would do doesn't mean it's not right.
2. I don't want to have to heat even just 900 square feet.
3. When it's nice out, even in the winter, I won't be inside.
4. I don't need a kitchen.
5. I don't need a bedroom.
6. I don't need a "bathroom".
7. You won't have to live here.
8. You don't have to help build it.
9. Maybe I would like to build it myself.
10. Maybe building it myself is a large part of the point (to whatever it is I think I'm doing [still don't know]).
11. You're not always right.
12. Again, I don't live like you do.
13. I kind of hate kits, no matter how high-end.
14. Again, for the 397th time, I don't need/want a kitchen.
15. You're not listening. (Whole other post.)